David Foster is a Canadian musician, recording producer, music composer, singer, and songwriter. He was born on November 1, 1949, in Victoria, Canada.
So, do you want to get into more about his life? If Yes, then we’re here to let you know about David Foster’s biography, his Net Worth collected in 2022, with her age, height, weight, girlfriend, child profile, and life details.
David Foster Early Life:
David Walter Foster was born in Victoria, Canada, on November 1, 1949. His father, Maurice Foster, was a support yard manager, and his mother, Eleanor May, was its manufacturer. At 13, he enlisted at the University of Washington in 1963 in the Music Programme. He then listened in 1965 for a top band spot in a nightclub in Edmonton. The company was owned by renowned Tommy Banks, the jazz musician who led Foster into the music industry. Foster moved to LA with his band Skylark in 1974 after playing with Ronnie Hawkins.
David Foster Physical Stats:
David Foster is 5’10” tall and weighs 69 kg. His body measurement is 46 inches. He has grey hair and blue eyes.
David Foster Signs:
David Foster was born on November 1, 1949, and as of now, he is 72 years old. David Foster’s zodiac sign is Scorpio, according to our analysis.
David Foster Personal Life:
- Foster had married five times. His first wedding was with a singer and writer B.J. Cook in 1972 till 1981, and both have one daughter Amy.
- His second wedding was with Rebecca Dyer from 1982 to 1986. They had three daughters: Sara, Erin, and Jordan.
- His third match is his longest wedding from 1991 to 2005, with actress Linda Thompson. He was the stepfather to Brody and Brandon Jenner, the sons of Thompson, during his marriage with Thompson (then Bruce Jenner). After 14 year, the couple got divorce.
- From 2011 to 2017, the Netherlands model Yolanda Hadid was Foster’s fourth partner. Hadid rose to fame on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, while Foster made many appearances on the show as well. Foster also became a stepfather to Gigi, Bella, and Anwar, Hadid’s 3 children. Foster and Hadid filed for divorce in 2015, and their relationship ended in 2017.
- Singer and actress Katharine McPhee, 35 years old, joined Foster in June 2018. In June 2019, they married. David Foster, 72, is well aware that the approximately 35-year age difference between him and his current wife, Katharine McPhee, 37, is a subject of controversy, but he ignores it. Rennie, the couple’s son, was born in February 2021.
Why did David Foster get divorced so many times?
Although it’s unclear why Foster’s first two marriages broke, Thompson and Hadid have already spoken up about some aspects of their relationships to Foster that they didn’t like. Foster was “jealous” of Thompson’s exes, according to Thompson’s 2016 memoir, A Little Thing Called Life. Thompson also stated that he wanted her to meet all of his demands.
However, in her 2017 book, Believe Me: My Battle With the Invisibility of Lyme Disease, Hadid said that she and Foster separated because he couldn’t deal her Lyme disease battle. In 2012, she was diagnosed with the disease.
Foster, on the other hand, has always denied leaving Hadid because of her health. “How can I abandon a sick woman?” he stated in his July 2020 documentary David Foster: Off the Record, according to The List. The truth is, it was not my reason for leaving.”
David Foster Career:
Foster started as a keyboarder for the pop group Skylark. “Wildflower” song of the band was a top 10 hit of 1973. Foster was in Los Angeles when the band disbanded, and he formed the band Airplay with Jay Graydon. He played on the album Extra Texture of George Harrison in 1975. He then played on Harrison album Thirty-Three & 1/3 a year later Fender Rhodes and Clavinet. In 1976, Foster, along with Ringo Star and a host of other famous performers, joined Guthrie Thomas on Thomas’ second album Capitol Records, Lies and Alibis.
As a studio player and arranger and co-writer on six songs of the album, the most notable was the song “After The Love Has Gone,” for which Foster and his co-authors Graydon and Bill Champlin were the 1980 Best R&B Song Grammy award.
In songs like US Chart No 1 Hit “Hard to Say I’m Sorry” (the US No. 22), “Stay the Night” (the US No. 17), and “You’re the Inspiration,” Foster’s was a co-writer (the US No. 3). These four songs were co-written by Peter Cetera, bassist of the band. In 1985, Rolling Stone magazine entitled Foster as the “master of… bombastic pop kitsch”. That year, Foster composed “St. Elmo’s Fire Love Theme” that hit Poppy Charts No. 15.
Foster has released major-label debut albums for Josh Groban (2001), Michael Bublé (2003), Renee Olstead (2004), and Charice (2010), and released as part of his 143 records. He became the President of Verve Music Group on December 15, 2011. Foster also released a 2014 album called My Years Tracks with Bryan Adams.
In the rearrangement of the label, Foster left Verve in 2016. With Susan Birkenhead, he wrote music on Betty Boop and a piece of music on Jewel, based on Amy Bloom’s Lucky Us novel.
David Foster Television Appearances:
Due to his fame as a veteran music producer, Foster has had several opportunities to appear on television. In April 2006, he was an “American Idol” guest mentor and a “Nashville Star” guest magistrate. He was a judge in Asia’s Got Talent competition in 2015, 2017, and 2019 and was also featured in “Celebrity Duet,” “Star Tomorrow,” “The View,” “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” and “The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.”
Collaborations Of David Foster:
- Blue Skies – Diana DeGarmo (2004)
- Miracle – Céline Dion (2004)
- It’s Time – Michael Bublé (2005)
- Awake – Josh Groban (2006)
- East of Angel Town-Peter Cincotti (2007)
- Call Me Irresponsible – Michael Bublé (2007)
- Soul – Seal (2008)
- Skylark – Renee Olstead (2009)
- Crazy Love – Michael Bublé (2009)
- Soul 2 – Seal (2011)
- Christmas – Michael Bublé (2011)
- Merry Christmas, Baby – Rod Stewart (2012)
- Tracks of My Years – Bryan Adams (2014)
- Wallflower – Diana Krall (2015)
- Love – Michael Bublé (2018)
David Foster Social Appearences:
David Foster is active on all social media platforms.
What is the Net Worth of David Foster?
David Foster is Canada’s $150 million net worth musician, record producer, composer, singer, and songwriter. Foster has also offered some of the most popular artists, like Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Celine Dion, Andrea Bocelli, Toni Braxton, and others. Some of his other credits include 1980s music artists– Madonna and Michael Jackson. In his 47 nominations, he was awarded 16 Grammy. He has sold more than 500 million albums to the performers he has worked with over the years.
He is married to Katharine McPhee, a singer/actress. In addition to his life, David has raised hundreds of millions of dollars and has donated them to charities, mainly through the David Foster Fund.
How Much David Foster Earn From Real Estate?
David Foster’s net worth alone is enough to allow them in the leafy California city to buy an expensive home to be close neighbours to famous celebs like Oprah or Ellen DeGeneres. They love and decide to live until David and Katherine find a house, but now, they stay in their LA.
As of 2022, David Foster is an estimated $30 million net musician, record-maker, songwriter, composer, singer, and arranger. The net worth of David probably would be far higher if he had not been divorced four times.