Interesting facts in the world
If you use these small jokes on your presentation materials (publication, website, powerpoint, seminars, lecture, tv show, etc), please have the courtesy to QUOTE THE SOURCE.
Please note that some of the ‘facts’ below have been proven false myths. An example is the duck’s echo which does not echo (but proved that it does).
1. Starfish don’t have brains.
2. The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.
3. Otters sleep holding hands.
4. A jellyfish is 95 percent water.
5. You are 1% shorter in the evening than in the morning.
6. It would take 1,000 years to watch every video on YouTube.
7. A hippo can open its mouth wide enough to fit a four foot tall child inside.
8. A cockroach can live several weeks with its head cut off.
9. A giraffe can clean its own ears with its 21 inch tongue.
10. If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib.
11. An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain.
12.More than 50% of the people in the world have never made or received a telephone call.
13.Rats and horses can’t vomit.
14.If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib.
15.If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.
16.If you keep your eyes open by force when you sneeze, you might pop an eyeball out.
17.Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over a million descendants.
18.Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.
19.In every episode of Seinfeld there is a Superman somewhere.
20.The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
21.Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married.
22.A duck’s quack doesn’t echo, and no one knows why.
23.23% of all photocopier faults worldwide are caused by people sitting on them and photocopying their butts.
24.In the course of an average lifetime you will, while sleeping, eat 70 assorted insects and 10 spiders.
25.Most lipstick contains fish scales.
26.Like fingerprints, everyone’s tongue print is different.
27.Over 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow.