Prime Minister Narendra Modi made the surprise announcement on 8th November 2016 that the 500 and 1000 Rupees are just “worthless piece of paper”. The 500 and 1000 Rupees notes have been banned to fight back money and money-laundering. The new 2000 and 500 Rupees notes were released on 8th November 2016. Here I have listed the top 10 facts about new 2000 Rupees Indian currency Note.
1. To celebrate India’s Mars mission,the new 2000 notes are having the motifs of Mangalyaan on their reverse sides. Mangalyaan was the first satellite into orbit around Mars on its first attempt.
2. New note measures 166 x 66 mm, which is slightly smaller than old 1000 Rupees note.
3. 2000 Rupees note base color is Magenta.
4. They’re some reverse things made in new note some of them are year of printing of the note is on left side. Swachh Bharat logo with the slogan. Language panel towards the center.
5. Portrait of Gandhiji has moved to the center instead of the right-hand side.
6. Numeral 2000 is written in Devnagari script which was not present earlier in the denomination of 1000.
7. when the note is tilted at 45 degrees, Latent image of denominational numeral 2000 is seen at the bottom left.
8. when the new note is tilted at 45 degrees, latent image with denominational numeral 2000 is seen at the bottom left.
9. when 2000 note is held against the light, the obverse or facing side of the new notes will have a transparent register that will indicate the denomination 2000.
10. There is a windowed security thread with inscriptions Bharat, RBI and 2000.Thread color changes from green to blue when the note is tilted.