Showtime Network has renewed the Chicago drama ‘The Chi’ for a fifth season. The thrilling news of renewal came immediately after the fourth season ended on August 1. The show’s intricate storyline continues to grip and entice its increasing fans. Created by Lena Waithe (Twenties), who espoused that writing the series has been a journey of learning and growth.
The Chi has gotten an overall favorable review from critics, gaining an 87% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes, while Metacritic announced a 73 out of 100 grade from 22 reviewers. The show received numerous nominations for the Black Reel Awards, even winning Outstanding Directing in a Drama Series.
The latest season is consists of 10 episodes, there are some weeks left before the final episode. The last episode is aired on August 1st, 2021.
The Chi Season 5 Release Date: When can we expect it?
Recently, in this video teaser, The Chi Season 5 was officially announced and confirmed on their YouTube account by the producers on August 2, 2021. We expect filming to begin in late 2021 and continue until 2022. The fifth season is expected to debut in the summer of 2022.
The fifth season of The Chi has been officially confirmed for August 2, 2021. This video served as confirmation for us. As per Deadline, Showtime has officially renewed The Chi season 5 following the telecast of the season 4 finale, which drew 4.2 million weekly viewers. According to the network, it is on track to become Showtime’s most-watched series of all time. We anticipate that the shooting will begin in late 2021 and continue through 2022. The fifth season is expected to premiere in the summer of 2022.
The Chi Season 5 Plot Predictions: What’s going to happen next?
The Chi is a series about the coming of age of some residents of Southern Chicago. They become entangled with each other through various circumstances, and their lives get deeply intertwined, and the desire for connection strengthens their bond.
Season 5 will start off from the fourth season left off. We are going to see the Douda has abandoned the Chi… Is Douda going to just walk away? He’s a gangster who also happens to be a serial killer. Do we honestly believe he’ll just leave without attempting to eliminate Trig? Marcus for his throne, for that matter?
Roselyn is currently the Mayor’s secretary. In Douda’s absence, how will she rule the city?
Will Marcus reveal to the Mayor now that he has awoken from his coma? Now that he’s an important witness, will he be silenced?
Kevin’s family has taken Lynae in. Kevin has stronger feelings for her than the two of them do. Will this unrestricted access lead to teen sex and possibly pregnancy?
The Chi Season 5 Cast: Who’s on board?
- Jacob Latimore (The Maze Runner) acted the role of Emmett Washington
- Ntare Guma Mbaho Mwine (CSI) stars as Ronnie Davis
- Alex Hibbert (Moonlight) starred as Kevin Williams
- Yolonda Ross (Kiss me Kill me) as Jada Washington.
- Tiffany Boone (Hunter Season 2) played Jerrika Little.
- Michael Epps from the movie ‘Meet the Blacks’ starred in the TV show as Jake Taylor.
- Armando Riesco of the movie ‘Brooklyn Finest’ played the role of Detective Cruz.
- Barton Fitzpatrick plays Reg Taylor, Jake’s elder brother, and a gangster.
- Birgundi Baker of the movie fame ’30 Miles from Nowhere’ starred as Kiesha Williams.
- Other actors in the movie include:
- Jason Mitchell, Shamon Brown, Lucien Cambric, Jahking Guillory, Brian King (Candyman), and Steven Williams.
The Chi Season 5 Trailer: When can we watch it?
The Chi Season 5 has yet to have an official trailer. It appears to be on the way. Take a look at the trailer for The Chi’s fourth season. On May 15, 2020, The Chi on Showtime will air it. Here is the trailer for Season 4.