Pirate Gold Of Adak is a treasure hunt television series. A pirate buried a huge mass of gold underground and died mysteriously, leaving the gold location unknown. The Mayor of Adak believes that gold can help Adak Island recover from the hard economic slump. Together with a team of treasure hunters, the mayor searches for gold estimated to be worth 356 million dollars. The land is full of unexploded bombs, and any wrong move would lead to loss of life.
Pirate Gold Of Adak Island Season 2 Release Date:
Considering that season 1 of the movie series just got released on 29th June 2022, the wait for season 2 may be longer. There is no communication of the series being renewed for season 2 either. The fate of the movie series dangles between being canceled or renewed, and Netflix has not yet reached a consensus. With the series being new in the movie field, the reception that season one gets will determine whether the show will continue or get canceled.
Pirate Gold Of Adak Island Season 2 Plot:
In 1982, a pirate buried a huge mass of gold somewhere on Adak Island. Unfortunately, the pirate died in one of his voyages, and now the location of the gold remains a puzzle to be unraveled. Soldiers discovered two cans of hidden gold during World War II, but it seems the rest of the cans are not to be found that easily.
The gold is not just difficult to find, but the land of Adak is littered with unexploded bombs, the aftermath of world war II, making it even harder to locate the treasure, let alone retrieve it. Adak is on the brink of a complete economic collapse, and the gold estimated to be of value worth 356 million dollars is the island’s only hope.
Thom Splitter, the Mayor of Adak, sources for skilled and experienced treasure hunters to aid in retrieving the hidden treasure. They could get rich or possibly die in their quest. In case of season 2 comes out, it is likely to follow the same plot: search for the gold treasure to save its economy.
Pirate Gold Of Adak Island Season 2 Cast:
Jay Toomoth, Burke Mitchell and Thomas Splitter appear as the show’s main cast. Jay Toomoth appears as the fabricator, Burke Mitchell as the heavy equipment specialist, and Thomas splitter as the Mayor of Adak. Other casts are M Jackson as a geographer, Brian Weed as a technologist, Lisa and Matt as local treasure hunters and Scott as an outfitter.
The narrator’s voice is Jeff Wilburn does impressive work and lays out the plot of the movie series through his narration. The series has an additional crew with Leslie Willis as a medic and Zareh Bandari as a lead accountant. Decker Watson is the executive producer of the show.
Pirate Gold Of Adak Island Season 2 Trailer:
Unfortunately, there is no official trailer for season 2 of the series. Considering that season 1 just premiered on 29th June, the wait may have to be longer. But the season’s trailer will be out before season 2 premiers. For now, the season 1 trailer is already available on youtube and other popular platforms such as IMDb for sampling. You can also watch season 1 of the series and other recommendable shows like Uncharted, Fools Gold, National Treasure and Sahara.
Where Can I Watch Pirate Gold Of Adak Island Season 1?
You have the option to stream the first season of Pirate Gold of Adak Island on Netflix. This reality TV show documents the journey of a skilled team as they venture into the challenging Alaskan wilderness in search of long-lost pirate treasure. The show is classified with a TV-14 rating and is also available to watch on Netflix basic with occasional ads.
Pirate Gold Of Adak Island Season 1 Recap:
The first season of Pirate Gold of Adak Island consists of 8 episodes. Here is a recap with the list of the episodes and their respective durations:
- The Pirate’s Gambit (32 minutes): Adak’s Mayor Thom assembles a specialized crew to uncover the remaining treasure of pirate Gregory Dwargstof in order to save the town and solve a legendary mystery.
- Bombshell (28 minutes): Salvage experts Jay and Burke devise blast shields to handle an unexploded bomb, while geographer Dr. M and tech expert Brian explore a new search zone.
- Shallow Grave (26 minutes): Due to the closure of their main excavation site, Dr. M and Brian follow Dwargstof’s footsteps to identify a new target area. Eventually, the team makes a shocking discovery.
- Seven Doors of Doom (28 minutes): Dr. M collects additional information about their recent find and analyzes soil samples with Brian. Their search focuses on an area beneath an abandoned house.
- Tundra Pit (32 minutes): Jay, Burke, and Thom venture into the tundra pits of Lake Betty, while Dr. M and Brian establish a camp at the Bay of Waterfalls and encounter unexpected challenges.
- Road to Ruin (25 minutes): The crew delves deeper into Dwargstof’s criminal activities, with Jay, Burke, and Thom following the trails of a fellow treasure hunter at Lake Betty.
- A Pirate Decoded (30 minutes): After being off-limits for months, the team gains access to their most promising site. They stumble upon mysterious stone markers that provide valuable clues.
- Parcel 4 (34 minutes): With a monster storm on the horizon, the team races against time to unearth whatever they can before freezing temperatures halt their search until the following year.
Pirate Gold Of Adak Island Season 1 Rating:
According to Rotten Tomatoes, Pirate Gold of Adak Island’s first season has received a Tomatometer score of 41% based on 4 reviews. The audience score is also 41%, with less than 50 ratings. Some critics have commended the show for providing viewers with an opportunity to witness a modern-day treasure hunt in one of the most remote locations in the United States, while others have criticized it for being built on a weak premise.