FX has officially revived What We Do in the Shadow for season 6. The mockumentary comedy horror television series depicted in the 2014 movie of the same name penned by Taika Waititi and Jemaine Clement (Moana). They transformed this movie into TV series beautifully and firstly debuted on FX on March 27, 2019. The series revolves around the lives of four vampire roommates on Staten Island. I’m telling you that there is no need to watch the film before you jump into the incredible series.
It has become one of the most liked comedies on television due to its outstanding writing, terrific cast performance, and great sense of humor. Rotten Tomatoes has delivered a 100% rating from 30 critics. While IMDB gave 8.6 ratings out of 10.
What We Do in the Shadows season 6 Release Date: When will it air?
After the fifth season premiered in 2023, FX declared that the series had been renewed for season 6. So now wait over, the series is going to release around 2024.
And there’s good news for fans that “What We Do in the Shadows” has also been renewed for last and final seasons. The next season’s release date isn’t confirmed yet. But we will update you, whenever the date is announced.
Season 6 of What We Do in the Shadows started production in January 2024. Harvey Guillén (Reacher) stated on Instagram three months later that Season 6 will be last and complete of the series.
All previous seasons are currently available on Hulu Plus.
What We Do in the Shadows season 6 Cast: Who will be in?
Fortunately, we can expect all the main characters are joining back the series. The characters include :
- Kayvan Novak (Archer) as Nandor, the senior vampire, is the group leader and repeatedly calls house meetings for silly conversations.
- Matt Berry (Krapopolis) as Laszlo, an English rich vampire, who was married to Nadja and a former porn actor.
- Natassia Demetriou as Nadja, a Romani vampire who changed Laszlo into a vampire and married him.
- Harvey Guillen (Ramble On) as Guillerm, an offspring of the famous vampire hunter Abraham Van Helsing, has good techniques to kill vampires.
- Mark Proksch as Colin Robinson. an energy vampire who stays in the basement, soaking humans and vampires energy by being frustrating.
- Craig Robinson (Killing It) as Claude, the leader of the Mosquito Collectors and a leader of a confidential team of amateur vampire hunters.
- Mark Hamill as Jim the Vampire who still keeps anger against Laszlo and states that he owes him lease money from the 1800s.
- Benedict Wong as Wallace, a Mancunian necromancer and salesman.
Although, FX has not yet confirmed guest stars and another cast for season 6.
What We Do in the Shadows season 6 Plot: What will happen?
The season 4 finale left the audience on a vast cliff. Although we don’t learn enough about the premise of What We Do in the Shadows Season 5, Simms did remark in an interview that the show will address the dramatic cliffhanger conclusion.
We’re guessing that Season 6 is about to find out after this horrific event. What Nandor, Lazlo, and Nadja will do to Guillermo after discovering his vampire-killing potential? What would the vampire society do with the blood-sucking triad who commit the most horrific crime?
Simms didn’t say where each actor will be physically, but we should expect the main cast to return to Staten Island at the start of the season.
Season 6 will also go deeper into Guillermo’s ancestry, according to the executive producer. Guillermo may be forced to choose among his vampire masters and his vampire hunting family in Season 5.
The season 6 plot has not been completely confirmed yet, but we’ll update you whenever we know.
What We Do in the Shadows season 6 Trailer: When can we watch it?
FX did not published any trailer for the Season 6. Meanwhile watch the previous season 5 trailer where featured the vampires dancing and partying in a nightclub to the famous Boney M. disco hit “Rasputin,” with a newborn Colin in tow.
Reviews And Ratings of What We Do In The Shadows Season 5
Season five of What We Do In The Shadows again gave a marvelous season. With its impeccable horror comedy and characters managed to snatched good reviews and ratings. And according to the some critics choose to say a genius comedy that even vampires blush. On IMDb it got a rating of 8.6/10 and on Rotten Tomatoes it got a solid 95% on Tomatometer and 89% audience score.
Where Can I Watch All Episodes Of What We Do In The Shadows Season 5?
Season five of What We Do In The Shadows is available on various streaming platforms like Vude, Hulu, Prime Video, and Apple TV. With a monthly subscription to the streaming platform, one can start watching the show without any disruption. Here is the direct link to the streaming platform.
In season five there are total 10 episodes:
- S5 E1 – The Mall
- S5 E2 – A Night Out With the Guys
- S5 E3 – Pride Parade
- S5 E4 – The Campaign
- S5 E5 – Local News
- S5 E6 – Urgent Care
- S5 E7 – Hybrid Creatures
- S5 E8 – The Roast
- S5 E9 – A Weekend at Morrigan Manor
- S5 E10 – Exit Interview
Until then, please stay connected with our page for more latest updates.