Fox’s family comedy has been approved for a second season. The six-episode series, which premiered in December 2019, was renewed in July 2020. Created by Bob Fisher, Rob Greenberg, and Tad Quill, the show revolves around the Moody Family, a dysfunctional bunch whose kinship withstand each member’s individual queerness. This American series is based on the Australian version of the show with the same name that aired in 2014, which followed up from an earlier show titled ‘A Moody Christmas’.
The show has got an average rating from critics, who praised the show’s cast in delivering good performances on an over flogged theme of a grumpy Christmas period. Rotten Tomatoes dispensed a 50% rating with an average of 5.6 out of 10 from ten reviewers.
The Moodys Season 2 Release Date: When will it air?
The Moodys although renewed does not, unfortunately, have an air date. Gladly, the show has been slated for the 2020/2021 season of Fox programs. However, following the pattern of the first season. The month of December is a possible air date if the Coronavirus pandemic does not hamper production.
The Moodys Season 2 Plot: What will happen?
The first season of the series is about the reunion of a quarrelsome married couple with their full-grown children for the Christmas period.
Revelation by the creators that the new season won’t follow the usual Christmas theme, has made guessing the possible plot of the next season difficult. However, we can be sure of unending drama between the Moody Family members. Also, the new season, it has been learned, will have a more significant number of episodes than the previous season, which had only six episodes.
The Moodys Season 2 Cast: Who will be in?
The main cast of the series is believed to get a feature in the second season. That means the cast will include:
- Denis Leary, of the comedy series fame, Rescue Me, will return as Sean Moody Snr.
- Elizabeth Perkins (a three-time Emmy nominated artist, known for her role in ‘He said, She said’) will return as Ann Moody, the wife of Sean Snr.
- Francois Arnaud (The Borgias) plays Dan Moody, the first child of Sean and Ann.
- Chelsea Frei (Sideswiped) as Bridget Moody, the middle child of the Moody family.
- Jay Baruchel (known for his role in the movie ‘She’s out of my league’) is Sean Moody Jr.
- Other actors that would make a reappearance include
- María Gabriela de Faría (Yo Soy Franky) who played Cora,
- Josh Segarra (Orange is the new black), who played Marco in the first season,
- Kevin Bigley (BoJack Horseman), who played Monty in the first season, and
- Gerry Dee (Mr. D).
The Moodys Season 2 Trailer: When can we watch it?
The trailer of the second season has not been published; however the first season’s trailer can be viewed here: