Action comedy by Matt Lieberman featuring Ryan Reynolds and Jodie Comer has gotten a new release date. The movie directed by Shawn Levy, previously scheduled to premiere on October 9, 2020, then May 21, 2021, and has now been confirmed to release on August 13, 2021 . The movie is one of the first movies transferred to 20th Century Studios from 20th Century Fox following the latter’s acquisition by Disney. Work has been ongoing on the movie since 2019, and Ryan Reynolds (Red Notice) is reportedly invested to see the movie come to life, as it is one of the favorite movies he has acted in.
Other movies by director Shawn Levy are: The Internship (2013), Night at the Museum (2009), Date Night (2010).
Free Guy Release Date: When will it premiere?
As earlier mentioned, the movie has been in the works since 2019 and was initially scheduled for a theatrical release in July of 2020. However, due to the coronavirus pandemic, it was further moved down to December 11, 2020. This date was also not to be, and the release was further delayed until the new final release date of August 23, 2021, was chosen barring any unforeseen circumstances.
Free Guy Cast: Who will be a part of it?
The cast of the movie includes A list actors such as:
- Ryan Reynolds, who plays the role of Guy. Ryan has movies such as Van Wilder (2002), The Proposal (2009), Croods (2013), and Deadpool (2016) under his belt.
- Jodie Comer (The Last Duel) stars as the character Molotov Girl/Milly. Jodie has several acting works including, Lady Chatterley’s Lover (2015), England is Mine(2017), and Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019).
- Joe Keery, featuring as Keys. Joe has starred in movies such as Molly’s Game (2017), After Everything (2018), and Spree (2020).
- Lil Rel Howery (Deep Water) plays the role of Buddy.
- Utkarsh Ambudkar (The Mindy Project) plays the role of Mouser.
- Taika Waititi (Avengers: Endgame) stars as Antoine.
- The movie also features some YouTube personalities of note, including Jacksepticeye, producer of the comedic series “Let’s Play,” Professional Gamer, LazarBeam, and The video game content producer, Pokemon. Jeopardy’s host Alex Trebek had an appearance.
Free Guy Plot: What is going to happen?
Ryan Reynolds’s character Guy, is an ordinary man working as a bank teller, living a monotonous life. He discovers that he is living in a video game world, becoming aware of the program introduced by the game producer, Antoine. Guy must try and save his world from crumbling and be the hero before the game is eventually shut down.
Free Guy Trailer: When can we watch it?
The movie’s trailer was released last year in the hopes of the movie’s imminent release; you can get to see the movie’s trailer here:
What are your expectations for the movie? Are you hoping to watch it?